Skip to content
Organising the Adult’s Quiz
One – two months before:
- Agree date, time & duration of the Quiz with Head.
- Check hall is available (no late after school clubs or staff/ parent events).
- Apply for drinks licence (£21).
- Design poster.
- Find someone to write the questions.
- Find a Quiz Master for the event.
- Decide who from the Committee can help at the event (to mark the papers, sell drinks, serve the food etc)
- Provisionally book meals from Bardsleys (or other food supplier) x 150, number to be confirmed with ticket sales.
Two – three weeks before:
- Put up posters.
- Letters out to parents in book-bags with slip to complete.
- Collect slips & money as it comes in to the office & tabulate number & type of meal required.
- Buy prizes (Bottles of wine for winners/ wooden spoons for losers).
- Write Risk Assessment.
5-7 Days before:
- Distribute tickets in book-bags.
2-3 Days before:
- Shop for serviettes, plastic or wooden knives & forks, condiments : salt, pepper, ketchup, brown sauce, vinegar.
- Shop for snacks & drinks : wine, soft drinks, crisps, chocolate bars,
- Check we have enough biros – if not, purchase some .
- Print out price list for snacks & drinks.
- Photocopy answer sheets & picture round sheets.
On the day:
- Get float for snacks & drinks sales.
- Set out tables in main hall: Tables from classrooms off hall, chairs from hall.
- Set up projector if using and sound system for music round.
- Set up snacks & drinks table at back of hall including jugs of water.
- Price up snacks and drinks.
- Answer sheets & picture round sheets distributed to teams tables.