Organising the Kid’s Quiz
One – two months before:
- Agree date, time & duration of the Quiz with Head.
- Check hall is available (no after school clubs).
- Design poster.
- Decide who is going to write the questions or split between Committee members (Topics this year : Science & Nature, Music, Entertainment, History, Sport x 8 questions each + Picture round x 12 pictures).
- Find a Quiz Master for the event.
- Decide who from the Committee can help at the event and whether we need parent volunteers (need 6-8 helpers in total).
Two – three weeks before:
- Put up posters.
- Letters out to pupils in book-bags with slip to complete. Must get a parents emergency tel. number in order that child can enter quiz.
- Collect slips & money as it comes in to the office.
- Buy prizes (E.g.: rosettes + chocolate bars wrapped in ‘winning’ wrapper! For 1st place, Runners Up and ‘Best Team Name’ ).
- Write Risk Assessment.
Four – five days before:
- Distribute tickets in book-bags.
Two – three days before:
- Shop for Juice, milkshake, snacks, and popping corn.
- Check we have enough biros – if not, purchase some.
- Print out price list for snacks & drinks.
- Photocopy answer sheets & picture round sheets.
On the day:
- Get floats for snacks & drinks sales.
- Set out tables in main hall: Tables from classrooms off hall, chairs from hall.
- Set up projector if using and sound system for music round.
- Set up snacks & drinks table at back of hall including jugs of water.
- Price up snacks and drinks.
- Answer sheets & picture round sheets distributed to teams tables.
- Committee to check all children in to the quiz and ensure we have an emergency tel for each child.
During the Quiz:
- Helper 1 – On entrance door / security (more help here if available)
- Helper 2 – Quiz master
- Helper 3 – Marking answer sheets
- Helper 4 – Marking answer sheets
- Helper 5 – Selling snacks & drinks (and maintaining H&S in the hall)
- Helper 6 – Selling snacks & drinks (and maintaining H&S in the hall)
- Helper 7 – Selling snacks & drinks (and maintaining H&S in the hall)